January 14, 2015 by Matt McCracken
In 1987, Charlie Sheen stared in Wall Street, a rivoting tale about bankers gone bad. Fast forward 24 years and I ask myself just how different is the present day Charlie Sheen (CS) and the present day Wall Street (WS):
- CS: Made a ton of money without making any real contribution to society.
- WS: Made a ton of money without making any real contribution to society.
- CS: hubris leads to making the same mistakes over and over again
- WS: hubris leads to making the same mistakes over and over again
- CS: Three failed marriages
- WS: Three failed bubbles
- CS: pumped full of stimulants
- WS: pumped full of stimulus
- CS: Screwing pornstars
- WS: Screwing taxpayers
- CS: completely out of his mind
- WS: completely out of its mind
- CS: still far from hitting bottom
- WS: still far from hitting bottom
Let's just hope Wall Street has tiger blood and Adonis DNA as well.